Exide: More than just a brand name!
Exide Industries Limited is a storage battery producing company that is headquartered in Kolkata, India. It is the largest manufacturer of automotive and industrial lead-acid batteries in India and the fourth largest in the world. Exide has been one of India’s most reliable brands for more than six decades. The company manufactures the widest range of storage batteries in the world from 2.5 Ah to 20,600 Ah capacities, which covers the broadest spectrum of applications. They manufacture batteries using the newest technological inputs for the automotive, power, telecom, infrastructure projects, computer industries, and railway mining and defense sectors.
What makes Exide batteries the best batteries?
- Exide offers a whole answer in areas of equipment selection, battery size, optimum area layout, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- The company has seven factories that are located across the country; two in Maharashtra, two in West Bengal, one in Tamil Nadu, one in Haryana, and two in Uttarakhand.
- They provide the best quality batteries and their quality was recognized when RWTUV of Germany awarded them with ISO 9001. They have also received ISO 14001 certificate in recognition of their eco-friendly production process.
- Their R&D is also great in terms of achieving the best quality batteries. Their R&D work is administrated on varied aspects of lead-acid battery technology, that embody the event of new products for applications like an automotive, motorbike, VRLA, telecom, UPS, railways, defense, etc.
- Their R&D team is continuously engaged in improving product quality & consistency, production efficiency, and material utilization.
- One of the best features of their batteries is that they claim that 99% of the lead produced by the batteries can be recycled.
Batteries for every possible application
Exide offers batteries for nearly every conceivable application, from golf carts and motorcycles to submarines and inverters. Its technology options range from maintenance-free batteries to standard service batteries from fully charged, off-the-shelf batteries to dry-charged ones.
Awards and other achievements made by the company
- They were awarded GM-QSB certificate for continuous three years (2014-2017).
- They acquired first home UPS manufacturing facility at Roorkee.
- They Won the Frost and Sullivan Market leadership award in the industrial battery segment.
- They launched new GenX batteries.
- Exide industries entered in the 2-wheeler market and start manufacturing the w-wheeler batteries.
- They also entered into the technical collaboration with Shin–Kobe.
How long do Exide Batteries last?
A standard life for an automobile battery in a moderate climate is four or five years. If batteries are kept with the care they can also last until ten years.
Which battery is best for the inverter?
There are so many batteries in the market; some of the best batteries are Exide Inva Master tubular battery, Exide Inverter plus 100AH battery, Exide Sf-sonic Inverter battery, etc.